Here’s my list of personal favourites in relation to football and talent development.
Most of them I listened to as an audiobook (via Audible.com).
- Outliers, The Story of Success (2008, Malcolm Gladwell)
- The Talent Code: Greatness Isn’t Born. It’s Grown. Here’s How. (2009, Daniel Coyle)
- Soccer Tough, Simple Football Psychology Techniques to Improve Your Game (2012, Dan Abrahams)
- Soccer IQ, Things That Smart Players Do (2012, Dan Blank)
- My Story (2015, Steven Gerrard)
- My Turn: The Autobiography (2016, Johan Cruyff)
- When Nobody Was Watching, My Hard-Fought Journey to the Top of the Soccer World (2016, Carli Lloyd, Wayne Coffey)
- Jamie Vardy: The Boy from Nowhere (2016, Jamie Vardy)
- Chasing Excellence: A Story About Building the World’s Fittest Athletes (2017, Ben Bergeron)
- High Performance Habbits (2017, Brendon Burchard)
- Pep Guardiola: The Evolution (2017, Marti Perarnau)
- Gunning for Greatness: My Life (2018, Mesut Özil)