Always warm-up before starting a shooting drill.
Visually indicate the scoring zones by putting a cone near each post.
Drill #1 – Center
With 2 cones on 1 line at the center of the field, just outside the 16. The ball is between the 2 cones.
- Run to the second cone.
- Turn back to the ball and turn with the ball.
- Shoot with left / right foot into one of the 2 scoring zones.
Variant: body feint before turn or shot.
Use the inside foot when placing the ball at the near post. Shoot with an instep for a more powerful shot at the far post.
Drill #2 – Move and finish
With 1 cone at the side, near the 16 meter line.
- Dribble towards the cone.
- Execute a move.
- Shoot fast. Low in the far corner or high at the near post.
Drill #3 – Deadly curl
With some cones at the side of the goal. Almost 16 meters out.
- Drive the ball and cut inside.
- Execute a long curl around the goal keeper and towards the far post.
Variant: fake the curl for the far post and slot it at the near post.