Hitting a long ball in football involves striking the ball with your laces, sending it flying through the air to your intended target 30-60 yards away. The kick is typically aimed to be straight, high, and with power, while also generating a slight backspin for better accuracy.
Here are the steps to hit a long ball:
- Approach the ball at a 45-degree angle.
- Plant your non-kicking foot towards your target.
- Turn your kicking knee slightly out and lean back as you strike through the ball.
- Make contact with the toe or bottom of the laces on your foot.
- Strike the ball so that it has a little backspin and flies straight through the air towards your target.
- Follow through with your kicking leg and avoid landing on it.
Remember, practice is key to mastering this technique. Start with short to medium-range passes and gradually increase the distance as you improve your accuracy and power. With patience and practice, hitting a long ball can become a valuable tool in your football arsenal.